Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Prelude to the Blog.

                                                  


   This blog 'My Movie Minutes' is going to be my tribute to the Film industry, with a predominant focus on Tamil movies.There will be of course some specific articles on films and film personalities of other Indian languages also.This blog will contain only positive recollections of  my movie-watch experiences and their percolation into my imagination and understanding of the field of cinema,from my childhood days.   

 To me,a movie is a wholesome source of great entertainment and the sum total of different scales of creative activities,involving dreams,struggles,expectations, experiments and fulfilment of a variety of people.As a full time, film-devotee,I admire and adore all components of cinema.

   I am going to record my views on a variety of themes,story line,characterization,the role of actors,script and dialogue writers,lyricists,directors,cinematographers,singers and music composers.Some of the leading production houses will also find a special mention in this blog.This blog will contain reviews of selective films,and views on movies of timeless value and those with an epic status in presentation.

   I should mention here that after crossing the stage of adolescence,I became closer to the action genre films,comedies and family dramas,watching them with enthusiasm and admiration.However,this blog will not ignore other types of movies like histories mythologies,thrillers and films focusing on negative themes.

   I would bring into the blog's purview all my film watching experiences that passed through my vision and imagination over a period of more than five decades.

  I gratefully acknowledge my indebtedness to Wikipedia and other Google sources, for my access to all relevant information,photos of film personalities,and pictures of films made available in the respective sites.

   If there are factual or chronological errors in this blog,I earnestly apologize before hand.On the whole, this blog has remained my long term creative motivation,drawing my objectives and driving my thoughts towards the destination of words and sentences.What is to follow is in divine hands.

Note:- Most of the artciles in this blog are posted in English with a view to reach the purview of readers around the world.However,some articles on lyrics,lyricists and singers are posted in Tamil also. 

  குறிப்பு:- இவ்வலைப்பதிவில் பதிவிடப்படும் பெரும்பாலான கட்டுரைகள் பலரது பார்வைக்கும் எட்டவேண்டும் என்ற நோக்கத்துடன்,ஆங்கிலத்தி லேயே பதிவிடப்படுகின்றன.இருப்பினும் தமிழ்த்  திரையிசையின் பாடல்கள்,கவிஞர்கள் மற்றும் பாடகர்கள் பற்றிய சில கட்டுரைகள் தமிழிலும் பதிவிடப்படுகின்றன. 

Prof. P. Chandrasekaran.     
                               
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment